Friday, February 27, 2009

Walt Disney World ... Once Upon A Dream

Over Valentine's weekend, Talmage and I went to Walt Disney World ... without the kids.  The funny thing is we were there EXACTLY one year ago with our children and we had SO MUCH FUN!  We fell in love with it and were hooked.  We (joked) how fun it would be to go without the kids ... so we got our chance.  Talmage had a CME course at the Grand Floridian, so I tagged along.  It was heavenly.  Beautiful weather, sleeping in, yummy food, playing like a kid at all the parks and I even painted my toe nails.  Such a blast!  HOWEVER, we both REALLY missed our children!  We were missing the wonder and magic that only children can bring.  Thankfully, they were in good hands with Grandma Kathy.  THANK YOU, GRANDMA!  (Sorry you got snowed in)  ;)












5 comments:

Marie' said...

You guys are so lucky! How fun is that?! Scott's mom doesn't do things like that, and my mom loves too far away.

Melissa said...

I think kid free vacations are very healthy once in awhile. It's hard missing the kids, but the time together is invaluable! Glad you had a wonderful trip!

Danae said...

Melissa - I thought of you while I was on Rockin Rollar Coaster. Yes, it is still SO FUN! I don't ever want to be too old to not enjoy it.

1384 n said...

uuuuhhhhhhh! That looks like what I need! I don't have to hope you had a good time. I know you did! I'm glad you got to go!

Meredith said...

I'm so glad you got a vacation in. I love the pictures. Looks like you had a blast.