Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Baby Miracle

We are expecting our 5th baby! Without going into all the details, let me just say that it was nothing short of a miracle. We are now anxiously awaiting the arrival of this little person that is due sometime the end of September. That sounds so far away, but hopefully with a busy up-coming summer these months will melt away.... At least I would LOVE for the next 4 weeks to disappear so I can stop feeling so gross. It's crazy to me that something so small - like the size of a kidney bean - can make me feel so miserable. No appetite, yet starving. On the verge of hugging the toilet all day. Completely exhausted as if I had just ran a marathon. Bionic senses that prove to my destruction.... However, despite all of the grossness, I feel truly blessed.

On Valentine's Day we finally told our children. I put the letter's "B A B Y" in 4 balloons. I told the kids that we had one more Valentine's Day surprise, but they had to unscramble the letters to figure it out. Each child got a balloon to pop and then once they had all the letters, they went to work. It didn't take them long. It was a fun way to share the news with them and they were all really excited. Especially Lila. She is begging for the baby to be in her room with her.

10 comments:

Marie' said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you.

R said...

Woot woot!!! That is so great. I am so excited for you.

Meredith said...

I'm so happy for you! Congrats- what a lucky baby to be coming to such a wonderful home.

emi. said...

Oh i love this post so much! I am so happy happy for you and all your family! (especially lila).

Angie said...

So happy for you guys!! I think one of the best parts about having our 5th is seeing the older ones interact with her. (All the helping hands isn't so bad either!) It's awesome!! Congrats again!

Buck, Steffanie, and our 3 kids said...

I am so happy for your family!!! Congratulations!!

[alisar] said...

Hello beautiful Danae! Congratulations on your baby ticker! So exciting.
$1.88 Quaker Oatmeal Squares is reason enough for me to look into moving to your neighborhood.
Also, I too tried to read Harry's last book and had to put it down. When you're ready, you'll know it. I must say I'm on pg. 400, and I'm simultaneously loving every page, but also dreading the end.

Britt said...

How wonderful. What a lucky little baby.

I'm so sorry you're sick. There's nothing worse. Pamper yourself!

Nana Sue said...

Congratulations! I thought something was up on a comment on Facebook - so happy for you all!! Keep in touch xoxo.
Sue

1384 n said...

YAY!