Friday, September 3, 2010

Emma Jane Shill

Wow! What an intense couple of weeks it has been. After learning that I had breast cancer, I was scheduled for surgery immediately. I still had a month before the baby was due, but right after the surgery, my braxton hicks turned into real contractions. Surgery was on a Wednesday and by Saturday, I was miserable. The contractions were strong, but too spread apart to justify going to the hospital. I kept praying that either they would stop or get close together so that I could go to the hospital. At the same time, in the back of my mind, I knew that this was early for the baby and I wanted to make sure she would be alright.
Around 3:00 am Sunday morning, during a hefty contraction, my water broke ... or exploded would be more accurate. Aaaahhhh. We were going to have a baby. I was nervous and relieved all at once.
We got to the hospital, checked in, and then I labored for about an hour while we waited for the Anesthesiologist - who happened to be our neighbor. The epidural was perfect and FINALLY I could sleep. I felt like it had been months since I had gotten any real rest. It was wonderful!
(I just don't know how the pioneers did it!)
Because I was so early, they had to treat me with Penicillin for 4 hours before they could turn on the Pitosin. Once all of the penicillin was in, they turned up the Pit and at 8:01 am, our sweet little Emma Jane was born. She is perfect and a true miracle in everyway possible. She weighed 7 lbs. and was 19 1/2" long. We were astonished at her size for being 4 weeks early. We truly feel that Heavenly Father prepared her so that she would be ready to come early because of all that is going on. We are so grateful that everything went so beautifully.

Introducing...
Emma Jane Shill
Born August 29, 2010
7 lbs.
19 1/2" long



Emma and Grandpa Bart


Emma and Grandma Kathy



Emma and Grammie Nancy


And then there were five....


My Family! Wow, I am so blessed!

8 comments:

1384 n said...

you SO ARE BLESSED! Congratulations to all of you! So Happy for you! Can't wait to see the little angel!

emi. said...

So gorgeous! I'm happy that she is so big. I love how heavenly father just plops down miracles when we're not even watching. Praying for the next part of this one.

LOVE YOU!!

Michelle Andersen said...

Congrats!! She is a doll. I'm so happy for you guys! You are in our prayers! Love you!

Ina & co. said...

She is seriously so cute!!!! And so blessed with a great family!!

Ina & co. said...

She's seriously so CUTE!!! And so blessed with a great family!

Angie said...

Oh, she is so adorable!! We too are praying for your sweet family...

Tonya said...

oh she is so beautiful!! Congratulations!! I guess I'll just have to use this as a excuse to go baby girl clothes shopping....;)

Claire said...

You have an informative blog. I’ve learned something from it. I do have mine too www.claire-fernandez.blogspot.com... Thanks