Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break

Today was Spring break for Braden, Collin and Lila. It was the only full day they got off and then they will go back to school on Monday. They think it's totally unfair. We started our day out with a yummy breakfast and a little R&R. After taking it easy for a little while, I put us all to work on the house. We are trying to get our house on the market and so it seems like all I have been doing is cleaning and organizing for months! Well, next week our realtor is going to take pictures and so I wanted to get the house in tip-top condition. The boys did not agree and.... rightfully so considering this was their only day off of school. They seemed totally down as they cleaned, so I told them to all get ready because I had "an errand" to run and they all had to come with me. Now they were even more bummed. We all got ready and I started driving to Wild Wood Highlands - which is like a glorified Chuck E Cheese. They kept asking where we were going and I told them on some errands. Finally I came up to the park and the boys still didn't get what we were doing. It was so funny because they both said at the same time, "We're going to Wild Wood Highlands?!?" Everybody was so excited and we all ended up having a great time. Later on tonight, I recieved an e-mail from Braden. (Braden now has an e-mail account that goes through our Wii) Here is what he wrote:
Dear Mom,
Thank you for takeing Collin,
Lila, and me to "Wild Wood
Highlands". It was a great supries. I
was having a bad day untill we pulled in to Wild Wood
Highland's parking lot.
From;
Braden


Needless to say, my heart was touched. Sometimes it is
so easy to get wrapped up in the day-to-day activities.
I'm glad this time I chose to ignore the pile of things
waiting to be done around the house and focused on the
real priority - my children.

No comments: