Friday, October 24, 2008

Homemade Applesauce

My mom came and helped me ....okay, made for me, homemade applesauce. I had every intention of doing the work, but then one child needed to go here, the next child needed to go there ... etc. I sure didn't plan very well. Also, I had NO idea that you had to buy your mason jars early or you can't find them anywhere ... not even Walmart! Finally, after many phone calls, I found the LAST case of jars at a small, local grocery store. Just what we needed to finish the job. Although I was in and out a lot, I will always cherish the memories of spending a day in the kitchen with my mom. Thanks mom!






4 comments:

Marie' said...

Wow! Your mom is so nice!
There is nothing like beautiful jars of yummy food.

1384 n said...

What a great thing to do. Do you guys have apple trees? I've been going nuts because Wal-Mart stopped carrying our unsweetened applesauce (I'm anti Splenda don't need the sugar). I planted a granny smith but it will be a few years.

Sally said...

Look at all those jars! They're beautiful! I'm SO impressed!

Kathy said...

The cupcakes look really good. Did you get the recipe from the same sight as the hotdog?