Thursday, January 15, 2009

WHOA DUUUUDE...

So, today I spent the morning in a dentist chair for some pretty hefty dental work.  This was unlike any dental visit I have ever had.  Thankfully, dentist visits have come a LONG way.  Remember the days of going to the dentist and staring at a poster on the ceiling to try to keep your mind occupied?  Well, not today!  The dentist gave me laughing gas (love it) and then they fitted me with these awesome visors that had a little movie theatre inside.  While they drilled away, I drifted into Planet Earth.  I was falling through the air, skydiving off of cliffs, next I was crawling through caves then swimming in slow motion through the ocean with whales (a personal dream of mine).  I roamed the jungles, deserts, and the Arctic.  It was a "trip".   I could hear mumbling much like how the teacher talks on Charlie Brown, "Bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla...."  Occasionally I would make out a "turn your head toward me" or "bite down just a little".  Sometimes, they would even ask how I was feeling and then I would have to do all that I could to bring my senses together in order to mumble out an "okay".  You know, like when you are awoken by the telephone and you try to act like you weren't asleep, but clearly you were?  Every bit of my body was heavy, my teeth were heavy, my mind was hazy, it was wild.  I'm really glad that today's visit is over and that I am feeling normal again, but it was nice to be in another world while I went to the dentist today.

3 comments:

It Just Fitz said...

Nae - That's probably as close to being a 'druggie' as you'll ever get. Your teeth are going to be beautiful. I don't know how that will make you any more lovely than you already are. You can't improve perfection. I'm so glad you're my 'Sis'.
Love, D.

Kathleen said...

Wow! What a trip - and it wasn't to the dentist.
Love, Mom

1384 n said...

awesome! I went a few months ago. I got an Ipod. I was impressed with that. Who is your Dentist...I think I need to switch!