Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Weekend

Each Memorial weekend my husbands side of the family gets together and visits graves of loved ones. It is a time of unity, love and gratitude for those who have gone on before and a time to reflect on the wonderful legacy they have left for each of us. As we visit each grave, we learn about that person, look at pictures, sing one of their favorite songs, read a favorite poem or share one of their favorite treats. I think it is safe to say that we all love visiting Grandma Nonie's grave where we share chocolate covered orange sticks. That lady has good taste! It was a great day.








3 comments:

Marie' said...

What a wonderful tradition! i never thought to share song or food at the grave.

RayRay said...

How fun. I wish I would have been there this year for the festivities. I really miss everyone.

It Just Fitz said...

This is such an awesome tradition that I'm sure your kids' kids will carry on.