Friday, May 15, 2009

Race For The Cure

Last Saturday, May 9, 2009, My family and my Mom and Dad participated in the Race for the Cure in Salt Lake City. It was an amazing experience to be a part of something so huge and so meaningful. I was touched by the sea of people that were there. There were people of all shapes, sizes and ages. It was awesome! Most people wore a paper on their back that either said, "In Memory of ...." or "In Celebration of ...." I even saw a sign that said, "In Memory of My Dad" I couldn't believe it. This is a disease that strikes anybody at anytime. My childhood friend was diagnosed with Breast Cancer at age 34 while 5 months pregnant with her son. She and her son are doing well and I am in awe of her and all who fight this disease. They are so brave. It was a special day to spend together doing something so worthwhile. It is something my family and I will always remember and are already looking forward to participating next year.




































4 comments:

It Just Fitz said...

What a beautiful day for a beautiful race. There's nothing like doing something meaningful for someone else that really blesses our lives as well. Good Job!

Meredith said...

What a neat experience!

Angie said...

You ROCK Danae!

1384 n said...

Danae, I was there also. I wonder why we missed each-other? just kidding...so man people.