Saturday, June 27, 2009

New Puppy

After many YEARS of begging for a puppy, we just surprised our children with this cutie. I didn't think I was that much of a "dog person", but this little guy has won my heart. While I was away with the kids on vacation, "T" found this puppy on the internet and called me to see if I was interested. What?!! A dog?!! We're trying to move!! Bad timing! Then, without warning, I was suddenly finding myself hoping that "T" would go and get it. So, I kept calling and asking if he had. My phone calls pushed him right out the door and out to buy a dog. The kids were so excited and surprised when we got home from our trip to see him playing in our back yard. They are all in love with him. We are all excited to have him as a part of our family.
He (we have yet to decide on a name ... any suggestions?) is a Newfoundland which will grow to be a really big dog. They are suppose to be really great with children. You know "NaNa" the nurse dog on Peter Pan? She is a Newfoundland. Now, if only I could teach this puppy to do the laundry, clean up the toys and tuck the kids into bed. Well, I'll just be happy if we can teach him to not tinkle on the carpet!

Introducing ........ Stay tuned for what his name will be.


Seriously, isn't he SO CUTE?


4 comments:

Alena said...

So fun! I wish we had a dog, too. Dogs are the best pets though. Your children will truly enjoy the years with their new puppy!

Sally said...

wow, congratulations! He's darling!

If he were a cat, I would recommend Richard Parker for a name--that's the tiger in LIFE OF PI.

How about "Fluffy" after the 3 headed dog in Harry Potter.

Meredith said...

What a cute dog! My kids would love a pet- I keep saying someday....

Britt said...

He's so cute, I'd take him home too. What's his name?